FINANCIAL SUPPORT - CORONAVIRUS HARDSHIP ASSISTANCE PROGRAM
While the impact of the coronavirus has changed our lives dramatically, it has not changed The Bank of Carbondale's commitment to support our customers' financial needs in every way that we can do so. The Bank of Carbondale’s focus on helping customers improve their lives and building stronger communities is more relevant than ever during this time of uncertainty.
In addition to The Bank of Carbondale's support to our customers, during this time of uncertainty, you should have confidence knowing that banks truly are the best place for your money:
- You have the security of the FDIC (Federal Deposit Insurance Corp.), which insures customer deposits up to $250,000.
- Banks are the healthiest they have been in years with very high capital levels.
- The Federal Reserve Board has taken steps to ensure market liquidity and can create money as needed.
We realize that now, more than ever, you may need The Bank of Carbondale to offer additional financial assistance. That's why we have quickly developed The Bank of Carbondale Financial Support / Coronavirus Hardship Assistance Program.
Effective immediately, The Bank of Carbondale is offering the following options to our customers who have been affected by the Coronavirus pandemic:
PERSONAL & BUSINESS BANKING SUPPORT
- Installment/Auto Loan Payment Deferral Program – customers may defer payments up to 60 days without credit bureau impact and late fees will be waived during the deferral period.
- Mortgage and Home Equity Loan Payment Deferral Program – customers may defer payments up to 60 days without credit bureau impact and late fees will be waived during the deferral period.
- Small Business Loan Deferral Program - you may be eligible to defer payments for up to 60 days and late fees will be waived. We will also work with you on a variety of loan modification options to help address the impact of this situation on your business.
- Foreclosures – We’ve suspended any new foreclosure actions for residential properties and vehicle repossessions for the next 60 days.
ADDITIONAL FINANCIAL RECOMMENDATIONS
- Mortgage Refinance - Rates have never been lower, so this may be a good time to consider refinancing your home. Nationwide wait times may be longer than usual for mortgage closings due to the health crisis, but it should not delay customers with utilizing this savings option.
- Home Equity Loans and Lines of Credit - With the low rates offered during this time, this is the perfect opportunity to utilize the equity in your home for other funding needs.
- Bank Savings Products - CDs (Certificate of Deposits), Money Markets, Savings and Interest Checking products are some of the best options for your money right now.
The Bank of Carbondale is here to help, and we will get through this together. For assistance, contact The Bank of Carbondale at 618‑549‑2181.
Interest will accrue during the 60-day no payment period for each of the deferral programs. Please note that interest for these deferred payments will continue to accrue at the rate stated in your loan documents and that the maturity date stated therein will not been extended. All payments, including principal, interest, and any other charges or fees, will be due as otherwise scheduled but not later than at the maturity date stated in your loan documents. The Bank of Carbondale’s agreement to requested-deferred-payment offer does not mean future or other requests for payment deferrals will be made. All other terms and conditions of the loan documents remain in effect except as modified by this request.