The Bank of Carbondale and Kroll Fraud Solutions, the leading provider of identity theft and fraud investigation services, have partnered together to bring ID TheftSmart™ service to you.
ID TheftSmart™ includes both credit monitoring and restoration services. If you are ever a victim of identity theft, it can be a very time consuming process to repair the damage that has been done. Kroll Fraud Solutions has licensed investigators who will work on your behalf until all identity theft issues have been verifiably resolved. You will also have access to trained credit specialists to answer any data questions over the phone on your monitoring report.
ID TheftSmart™ Credit Monitoring notifies you of activity in your credit file. An alert is provided when any of the following activities is reported:
- New account openings
- Credit inquiries
- Payment delinquencies
- Public record changes
- Change of address
Alerts are available online (via the internet) and offline (via postal delivery).
For online delivery, alerts are provided on a daily basis and notification of no activity on a monthly basis.
For offline delivery, alerts are provided on a monthly basis and notification of no activity on a quarterly basis.
The credit monitoring service allows you to identify inaccuracies in credit data being reported by creditors. It also offers early detection of potentially fraudulent activity in your credit file. In addition, you have access to trained credit specialists to answer any data questions over the phone on your monitoring report. The credit specialists can act on your behalf and submit disputes to credit reporting agencies.
ID TheftSmart™ Restoration service provides the following if you suspect you are the victim of identity theft:
- Confirmation of identity fraud as well as its scope and nature
- Assist in obtaining a police report
- Provides a tri-merged credit report and perform a full non-credit search
- Licensed private investigator working on your behalf until all identity theft issues have been verifiably resolved
- Place seven year fraud victim statements with credit reporting agencies when applicable.
The program also includes these benefits:
- Consultation on best practices for managing Personal Identifying Information
- Safety guidelines for communicating and interacting online
- Information about your rights concerning identity theft under federal and state laws
- Consult on best practices for consumer privacy
- An action plan when information has been compromised
- Help interpreting and analyzing your credit report
- Assist in the event of a stolen/lost wallet
- Fraud alert assistance
- Credit freeze consultation
Stop in any of our full service locations to enroll in ID TheftSmart™. The monthly fee is just $5.00 per person. You must be 18 years of age and have a personal checking account or savings account at The Bank of Carbondale to enroll in ID TheftSmart™. Not available for businesses. Restoration service exclusions apply. For more information, please contact a bank representative.